FAQLa connaissance est le pouvoir. Profitez de notre expertise
How can I restore my hearing?
Usually, hearing loss is permanent. Consult our audiologist to see if your symptoms are medical in nature and need further treatment, especially if you have a sudden hearing loss. Even hearing instruments will not restore normal hearing. Hearing instruments will make previously missed sounds available at the level of stimulation your auditory system needs at that particular pitch.
What causes ringing in my head/ears?
The ringing sensation that can be detected in your head, or individual ears, is called tinnitus. This ringing is usually an indication of some damage to your auditory system (especially noise damage). It can be constant or periodic and on one specific side or in the middle of your head. Although there is no known cause of tinnitus, sometimes hearing aids help reduce the symptoms by bringing more sound to the brain, thus distracting attention from the ringing. If you have ringing consistently on one side, you will want to ask your doctor about it. We offer tinnitus assessment and counseling.
How long does a hearing test appointment take?
We schedule 45 minutes for a hearing test. This will give us enough time to do a thorough hearing evaluation and to counsel you regarding your degree and type of hearing loss as well implications of your hearing loss. We will advise you to seek medical intervention as warranted and advise you if you are a candidate for hearing aids.
COMBIEN COÛTE DES AIDES AUDITIVES?
J’ai une aide auditive, mais je ne la porte pas ou je ne l’aime pas. Puis je l’échanger contre une autre qui conviendra mieux?
Ai je besoin de passer un test auditif?
- People seem to be mumbling
- You have to strain to hear when someone talks or whispers
- You have difficulty hearing someone call from behind or from another room
- You need to watch a speaker’s lips more closely to follow conversation
- Following a conversation is difficult when you’re in a group of people, for example at a meeting, at family gatherings, at church, or during lectures
- You have to turn up the volume on the TV or radio
- You have problems hearing clearly on the telephone
- You have difficulty hearing at the theatre, cinema, or other entertainment venues
- It’s hard to hear in noisy environments, for example in a restaurant or in a car
- You have begun to limit your social activities due to difficulty hearing and communicating
- Family, friends, or colleagues mention that they often have to repeat thems
If you think you may be experiencing hearing loss, please call us today and we will be happy to set up an appointment for you to be tested.
Pouvez-vous préciser votre plan de service à vie?
Comment puis-je retirer la cire de mon oreille?
Pendant combien de temps me faudra-t-il attendre pour obtenir un rendez vous?
Quels sont les types de perte auditive?
- Conductive Hearing Loss: Conductive hearing loss results from a problem with the conduction of sound from the outer ear (part that you see) to the inner ear (where the nerve is located). This can result from wax buildup, ear infections, trauma to the ear, or any other problem with the eardrum or bones that conduct sound through the middle ear. Those with this type of loss have a problem with volume rather than understanding ability.
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss: Sensorineural hearing loss involves some sort of deterioration of the inner ear or the hearing nerve. The aging process, noise-exposure, some cancer treatments, illness, and other degenerative processes could cause this loss. This type of hearing loss sometimes impairs understanding ability and causes those with the loss to be sensitive to loud sounds.
- Mixed Hearing Loss: Mixed hearing losses contain some conductive elements and some sensorineural elements.
LOUEZ-VOUS DES AIDES AUDITIVES?
Puis-je acheter 1 aide auditive ?
Pourquoi devrais-je acheter des appareils auditifs localement?
389 rue Connell, Suite 103
CLINIQUE GRAND SAULT
627 chemin Madawaska
Grand Sault, NB
Prendre Contact Avec Nous
Il n’y a pas de question trop grande ou trop petite. no some là pour vous adider!